Wednesday 12 March 2014

Day 3 C2C

Day 3 Shape to Grinton Lodge 70k:
  My lack of  studying the guide book, gave me the impression that 'the dales day' would be a fairly small day and in the morning the true distance dawn on me. 
  The clouds had rolled in over night and stayed for the day giving an overcast, dull and uninspiring day. Despite the cloud I was very much looking forward to the infamous Tan Hill pub (highest pub in England), which would gave a great half way stop and would be the start of the down hill on the Pennie Way. 
  The day went by fairly quickly with fast bridleways broken up by wet and boggy tracks, with the optional route over the River Belah being a particular section I would avoid next time. 
  Stopping in the spectacular Grinton Lodge YHA gave another warm night, which I would highly recommended and visit again.
Day 3

Rolling Yorkshire dales hills

Uninspiring weather